Friday, May 30, 2014

Manchester Orchestra 5/30/14


 Damn, it felt good to be at a show again!  Felt good for the local boys to be home, as they proclaimed many times.  I should have boned up on the music a little because I caught myself not remembering lyrics for opening tunes "Shake it Out" and "Pensacola".  Gotta turn that Pandora station back on.  Plus, I hadn't heard anything off the latest set, Cope, except for their performance of the song by the same name on Letterman.  But, thank God, it was LOUD.  I haven't had my ears tuned like that since Halloween.  Seven months without a show...  for shame.  They came back for several encores, however, during the first break, a strange thing happened.  The Tomahawk Chop and chant started up.  When the group returned, frontman, and expectant father, Andy Hull told us, "Man, I wish we liked baseball."  That statement made the T-shirt I bought exceptionally ironic.



 

1 comment:

  1. I wanna see them. I'm not sure how I haven't yet. We still wanna try and do the weezer/braves deal in August. Are you going?

    ReplyDelete