Friday, September 26, 2014

Jack White Columbia, SC 9/24/14





The last time I went to South Carolina after having seen a band earlier in the tour in Atlanta, I endured the exact same set list.  Thank you, Jack, for breaking that streak early.  Now, he did play a handful of the same songs, but mixed with others from his many bands including a funked up version of "I Cut Like a Buffalo" by the previously unheard The Dead Weather.  Opening with the latest album's, Lazeretto, instrumental "High Ball Stepper" he went on to play piano for "Three Women" and then the Beatle-esque "Apple Blossom".  Energy was high for one of my favorites "I'm Slowly Turning Into You" and ended the night with the unforgettable riffs of "Seven Nation Army".  Certainly glad I went to both shows but somehow disappointed I didn't attend even more. Never mind that out of key guy singing along in the "Steady as She Goes" video above...











No comments:

Post a Comment