Monday, August 8, 2016

Guns N' Roses 7/27/16

My first rock T-shirt:  Guns N' Roses.  Wore it at least once a week starting in 1st grade.  My first cassette:  Appetite For Destruction.  (For the younger generations, a cassette was a horrible little piece of plastic that poorly played music through a ribbon and two spinning wheels and usually sounded like Hell, but I wore mine out listening over and over again)  Finally, I saw three main members on stage together again (Miss ya Izzy!).  They've been saying it wouldn't happen since the early 90s when they first broke up, and I think everyone pretty much believed it to be true.  I won't lie, Axl was looking a little puffy but his voice was on point.  I was worried after his lack-luster performance at an MTV awards show over 10 years ago that his unique vocals were a thing of former glory, only to be remembered with recordings.  They threw in a ton of covers from Iggy and the Stooges, The Who, Rolling Stones, and Pink Floyd, not to mention they're well known recorded covers like "Live and Let Die" and "Knockin' on Heaven's Door".  Another bucket-list (not Buckethead) band crossed off the list.

























No comments:

Post a Comment